Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thrift Store Lamp Makeover

Thrift Store Lamp Makeover

What is better than great lighting?  Finding great lighting cheap!!  


If you've ever shopped for lighting you know it can really cost you - even at department stores by the time you buy the base & shade you've spent 50+ easily.  If you want something a specific color or style the price can easily move into the $$$ range (per lamp).  So when I see a lamp that has a great silhouette I don't hesitate to bring her home.

I found this curvy lady at a second hand store for $2!


She wasn't much to look at but she has great lines (which is what I look for in decor).  You can always change color or shade on a lamp - if its electronically sound and has great lines at $2 I'll take it!

This makeover was easy!  Krylon Fusion paint does not require any priming  - total paint cost $3.24.  I simply taped off the parts I didn't want to paint (light bulb holder & cord).  Then painted!

 
You can't go wrong with white - its so versatile and classic!


Add a shade I picked up at Target on Clearance!

Right now its sitting on my craft desk - not sure if I'll keep her or if she'll light up someone elses life?  

Total Cost of this Lamp Makeover = less than $10 (light bulb included).

1 comment:

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

This is inspiring! I found a lamp at Pottery Barn that I love but is WAY out of my price range. Thank you for sharing this!