Monday, September 12, 2011

Dress Form Makeover

Dress Form Makeover

Do you have that one item that you always keep your eye out for when you're shopping?  I'm always looking for a dress form at auctions and thrift stores and garage sales.  It would make a great gift *hint*hint* or if you've got one laying around you'd like to recycle to me I'd be ever so delighted!

I'd love to have one to decorate with as well as be functional so I could 'play' with design and see it in 3D.

Until then... I was super excited to find this little lady at a Goodwill Store in Ft Wayne Indiana.  I highly recommend the Goodwill off Exit 25 on 469!!  It was super neat and clean and the employees were very friendly and happy to be working.

Here she is my $5 bargain!
We'll call her 'Goldie' - she doesn't look so good above...  She's a candle holder but I think she'll make a great place to hang some necklaces on too!!
Here is 'Goldie' in her own little black dress (aka Rustoleum Gloss Spray paint).  What a BIG difference a little spray paint can make!

I also found this awesome lamp there - I'm not sure what to do with it... It's one of those pieces that caught my eye right away but I left alone because I really didn't know what to do with it...  Either way $5 later he's mine - we'll call him 'Blue Bandit' since he stole me eye the first time I laid eyes on him...
Any idea what to do with him or where to put him? 

Don't forget to 'like' TSRS on Facebook or 'follow' TSRS on Blogger to win!!

No comments: