Friday, September 9, 2011

Roasted Garlic Red Potatoes

Roasted Garlic Red Potatoes


We decided to have T-bone steak over the weekend and I needed a couple side dishes to whip up while the husband grilled outdoors.  As much as we love mashed red potatoes I wanted something different.  I threw a few on hand ingredients together and everyone raved over how they turned out!

5lbs of Red Potatoes cut into equal size pieces

2tsp minced garlic (I use the pre-minced)
1tsp salt
1/2c butter

-Place cut potatoes in  large bowl.  
-Melt butter.  
-Mix in garlic & salt into melted butter.  
-Pour butter mixture over cut potatoes and stir to coat.  
-Grease 9x13 pan and pour buttered potatoes in pan.  
-Bake 350 for 40 minutes.

They come our VERY hot - we let them cool for 10 minutes before serving - delicious!  Since I had left over green beans I put them both in the same Tupperware to heat up for leftovers (they're great warmed or cold!).

1 comment:

Julie said...

Mmmm! My kind of potatoes!! Don't you love using the preminced garlic? I'm so glad it's available...sounds dumb but I really do prefer it over doing it myself with the fresh.