Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weekend Bargains

On the weekends I like to checkout the local consignment shops or some days take a road trip to find some place fresh & new.  This weekend I went car shopping with my Mom and we found an indoor Garage Sale after a couple test drives.  We got there late in the day so most of it was picked over but I did find these gems.
 $2 Towel holder for a bathroom - I think it will be really cute after I re-purpose and make it over.
 $1 Zebra Statue!  My original plan was to paint it pink ;-)  My kids aren't so sure about that idea - we'll see...
 
$1 top & $1 American Rag Jacket
2 Mirrors - $.25 each!  I unscrewed the mirrors and a coat of spray paint later - Waaa Laaa!
If you are ever in the Delphos Ohio area - the Inter Faith Thrift Store is totally worth checking out!  So much so that people literally line up at the door and around the block waiting for it to open!  They are only open 8 hours total a week - Thur 5-7, Fri 1-4, Sat 9-12.  
The prices are fantastic & everything is clean and neat.  
You may have to wait in line to check out, it is crowded, people can be rude and territorial if you try to eyeball something they are standing by... (not kidding!)  All that said the prices and constantly changing inventory out weigh the cons for me!  Books for .25, Clothing $1, Shoes $1, lots of nice clean toys - cheap & clean.

No comments: