Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thrift Store Treasure Tuesday

I was looking for a fun lamp for Girly Girl #1's 4H Project 'Bedroom Make-over' - check out the before and after of this gem I found stuck up on a shelf at a local thrift store. (ignore the date on the pics)
The Lamp was $2.99.  I removed the shade & globe.  Then used painters tape to keep the black metal parts un-touched & put the cord in a baggie.  I used a can of Krylon Spray Primer on the lamp and shade.  Krylon Metallic Silver spray paint on the base/top & Krylon Rich Plum on the outside & inside of the shade.
All for about 8.50 we ended up with a super cute girly lamp!!

These cute little Love Birds Planters were at a new Thrift Store I came across called 'Penny Pinchers'
They were too adorable to pass up and I knew with a little bit of help they would make great pencil/treasure holders during our 2 Girly Girl Room Makeovers - Coming Summer 2011.

What a difference a coat of paint & glitter spray paint can make on old planters & what fun we'll have finding treasures to put in them!

I also found this fantastic dish for $.25!  I'm not sure what to do with it, but for $.25 I couldn't resist!  If you have a suggestion I'd love to hear it!
That's all for Thrift Store Treasure Tuesday!

1 comment:

Julie said...

That 1st lamp is UG-LY!!!!!! I'm so glad you were able to glamify it...same with those birds. You snag stuff that I would walk right past & ignore and then you make it look awesome. I'm learning from you sista!
ps...blue bowl idea - put some M&M's in it & invite me over :)
Love, Julie